Performing Arts Program
- 10% discount for the 1st month
- Duration: 16 weeks
- 9 hours of classes, 3 times per week
- All classes taught in English
For 16 weeks, live the experience of staging a Broadway musical with Peruvian and US artists.
In 2019 we made the adaptations of the musical Wicked and Waitress. After two years, in 2022 we offered this program again, now with the adaptations of the musicals Heathers (July 2022) and Hadestown (December 2022). Soon more news!
If you missed the call for 2022, don't worry! In 2023 we will offer two Performing Arts Program in the months of April and September. Stay tuned to our social networks when we announce the musical that we will adapt for those months.
Past Performing Arts Programs
August - November 2019
April - July 2022
September - December 2022
Ages Groups and Time Commitment
- When: Mondays and Wednesdays from 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm. Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Ages: 13 to 17
- When: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm. Saturdays from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Ages: 18 to 25
Dress rehearsals will be held in our Barranco space in Lima, Peru. (Teatro Quilla). Auditions for the roles of the show and the ensemble will be held in week 2. At the end of the program, each cast will have 4 presentations and the tickets will be sold by Joinnus.
Important to note: Students between the ages of 16-18 may place in either Cast 1 or Cast 2. This placement is contingent on experience level.
- English level: Intermediate
- Performing Arts Experience: Desirable. If you consider that you do not have knowledge in performing arts or a basic level, we invite you to participate in our Musical Training Program.
How to audition?
In order to be accepted in the Performing Arts Program, you need to send us a video of yourself singing and acting. To do this, you must complete the following Registration Form.
Please note the following:
- Make sure you record yourself in a large space that allows you to move easily. Here are some tips. Each video should be no longer than 1 minute. You can send 2 different videos or put them all together in one file.
- Both the song and the monologue you choose must be in English. This is obligatory.
- You can choose any musical work, movie, series, song, etc. It has to be a topic that you like and feel comfortable with.
- If you need help finding the perfect monologue for you, you can review the following list that we prepared.
If you would like to send your audition without completing the Registration Form, we will still need to know you a little more in order to evaluate you. Therefore, in addition to your video, we ask that you also indicate your name, age, level of English proficiency, and amount of acting experience in the message you send us.
Teatro Quilla (Av. Bolognesi 397, Barranco, Lima, Perú. Referencia: a 1 cuadra de la Estación Bulevar del Metropolitano y al costado de la Compañía General de Bomberos).
Kara graduated from New York University with a BA in Ethnomusicology and Latin American Studies. She has participated in musical programs in Argentina, Holland, Italy and Peru.
In 2019, she began her career at Spotlight Peru as a student. She has participated in 2 musical productions with a leading role as Becky in our adaptation of “Waitress” and in the ensemble of “Beetlejuice”.
Musician by profession. He is a Voice Teacher certified by New York Vocal Coaching and is currently studying a Master's Degree in Musical Pedagogy at the International University of La Rioja. He is our singing teacher and vocal director at Spotlight since 2021.
Guest Artists Subject to change without notice.
She has participated in musicals such as Mezcla, El Musical 2010, Tu Lima, Chicago, El Chico de Oz, Sweet Charity, Av Larco, El Musical 2015 and Mamma Mia. She has also worked as a choreographic director on the musicals Cinderella and Billy Elliot. She was the director of the Vania Masías D1 School for 3 years and has been the winner of the Aibal award for performing arts in 2015 in the Best Dance Performer category.
Among her film and television work, Eve Harlow has participated in the CW series The 100; NBC's Heroes: Reborn; Marvel's Agents of SHIELD; Paramount's Instant Family; and on Fox Television's Next. Other credits include UnREAL, The Killing, Fargo, Lost Girl, Caprica, 12 Monkeys, Ray Donovan, Rogue, SEAL Team, NCIS, The Rookie, Queen of the South, and Titans.