S/.950 per month
- 10% discount for the 1st month
- Duration: 8 weeks
- 12 hours of classes, 4 times per week
- All classes taught in English
In the Summer Intensive Program you will experience what it is like to stage a musical in 8 weeks with Peruvian and foreign artists. The musicals that we choose for the summer are revivals of our past adaptations (either from a past Summer Intensive Program or from our Performing Arts Programs).
In the summer of 2020 we performed, for the first time, the adaptation of the musical Beetlejuice at the Mocha Graña Theater in Barranco and, in 2022, we did the same with the musical In The Heights, now at the Quilla Theater in Barranco (our current location). This summer 2023 we will present, for the second time, our adaptation of the musical Beetlejuice. You can't miss it!
About the Musical
Beetlejuice is a musical with music and lyrics by Eddie Perfect and book by Scott Brown and Anthony King. Based on the 1988 movie of the same name, the story follows a deceased couple that wants to haunt the new inhabitants of their ancient home and asks for help using the nickname Beetlejuice (pronounced Betelgeuse). One of the new inhabitants is a girl, Lydia, who is dealing with the death of her mother.
Ages Groups and Time Commitment
- When: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm.
- Ages: 13 to 17
- When: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays from 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
- Ages: 18 to 25
Dress rehearsals will be held in our Barranco space in Lima, Peru. (Teatro Quilla). Auditions for lead roles and ensemble will be held in week 1. At the end of the program, each cast will present 2 shows and the tickets will be sold by Joinnus.
Important to note: Students between the ages of 16-18 may place in either Cast 1 or Cast 2. This placement is contingent on experience level.
- English level: Intermediate
- Performing Arts Experience: Desirable. If you think that you do not have knowledge in performing arts or a basic level, we invite you to participate in our Musical Training Program.
How to audition?
In order to be accepted in the Performing Arts Program, you need to send us a video of yourself singing and acting. To do this, you must complete the following Registration Form.
Please note the following:
- Make sure you record yourself in a large space that allows you to move easily. Here are some tips. Each video should be no longer than 1 minute. You can send 2 different videos or put them all together in one file.
- Both the song and the monologue you choose must be in English. This is obligatory.
- You can choose any musical work, movie, series, song, etc. It has to be a topic that you like and feel comfortable with.
- If you need help finding the perfect monologue for you, you can review the following list that we prepared.
If you would like to send your audition without completing the Registration Form, we will still need to know you a little more in order to evaluate you. Therefore, in addition to your video, we ask that you also indicate your name, age, level of English proficiency, and amount of acting experience in the message you send us.
Teatro Quilla (Av. Bolognesi 397, Barranco, Lima, Perú. Referencia: a 1 cuadra de la Estación Bulevar del Metropolitano y al costado de la Compañía General de Bomberos).
Kara graduated from New York University with a BA in Ethnomusicology and Latin American Studies. She has participated in musical programs in Argentina, Holland, Italy and Peru.
In 2019, she began her career at Spotlight Peru as a student. She has participated in 2 musical productions with a leading role as Becky in our adaptation of “Waitress” and in the ensemble of “Beetlejuice”.
Musician by profession. He is a Voice Teacher certified by New York Vocal Coaching and is currently studying a Master's Degree in Musical Pedagogy at the International University of La Rioja. He is our singing teacher and vocal director at Spotlight since 2021.
Elizabeth McGuire: Semanas 2-4
Elizabeth is an artist and performing arts educator based in New York. She has a BFA in Musical Theater from Samford University. She has been an associate choreographer and dance captain for shows such as “Saturday Night Fever”, “Legally Blonde”, “Mary Poppins”, “42nd Street”, among others.
Tiffany Mellard: Week 6 (Dance Bootcamp, song “Jump in the Line”)
Tiffany is currently in the "And Peggy" company of Hamilton: An American Musical by Lin-Manuel Miranda where she performed in San Juan, PR and San Francisco, CA. Other credits include Memphis (Gateway Playhouse), Chicago The Musical (National Tour), and West Side Story (International Tour) Website.